Applying to Spring Harbor
Spring Harbor Admission Process:
Spring Harbor is a Magnet school and offers 6th through 8th grade enrollments. The lottery process is for 6th grade only, 7th and 8th grade students can apply separately to be added to the grade-level wait list. The requirements for admission into Spring Harbor Middle School are that a student lives within the Memorial High School attendance area. A lottery will be conducted if interest in attendance at the Magnet school exceeds the authorized student enrollment.
Weighing of the Lottery:
Ninety students will be admitted in 6th grade. All other students will automatically go on a wait list.
- Tier 1: Student’s primary home address resides in the former Spring Harbor attendance area - address specific.
- Tier 2: Applicants who reside within the Memorial High School attendance area and are siblings of students who 1. Spring Harbor in grade 6th or 7th during the application window; and 2. will continue to be enrolled in Spring Harbor in the following school year.
- Tier 3: Student resides in the Memorial High School attendance area. An equal number of students from Jefferson and from Toki should be selected.
Wait Listed: Student resides outside of the Memorial High School attendance area.
Wait Lists roll to the next school year through the end of 8th grade year.
To apply for the Middle School Lottery, click here to complete the Spring Harbor application
Spring Harbor Lottery Application Timeline:
- December 1, 2023 - Lottery opens 8:00am
- January 10, 2024 - Open House, 5:30 - 6:30pm
- January 26, 2024 - Lottery closes 4:00pm
- February 16, 2024 - Lottery results mailed to families this week
- March 1, 2024 - Accept or decline confirmation due to schools from families
NOTE: If you are new to the Madison Metropolitan School District and would like to apply, please contact the Enrollment Office at (608) 663-4957 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wait List form for current 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
Contact us if you have any questions, at (608) 204-1100 or email email@example.com.